Monday, July 27, 2009

And now I'm back....

I'm back! (I hope!) I'm finally getting back in action after almost a week of nursing the back injury (and by nursing I mean suffering through work and then coming home and laying on the couch unable to move without pain....it was awesome.)

I went out for a run Sunday morning. Perfect day. The run didn't go quite as well as I had hoped, but I guess that's to be expected after not running at all for over a week. Made it through 4 miles, and that's when the back reminded me that maybe I should come back slowly. That idea flew out the window when I went to CrossFit this morning though! I'm feeling good so far, just some general muscle soreness (no injury type soreness), but muscle soreness should be expected after making it through this!!

"Cindy"
AMRAP :20 (as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes)
5 pull-ups (assisted with the band)
10 push-ups (first 6 rounds were all military, after that I did 5 military and 5 "girl push-ups")
20 squats

Score: 14 5/6 - yes I am being that exact. I only made it through half of the squats on the 15th round, but they still needed to count for something!!

So glad to be back and getting back at it. As much as I often wish I could just lay on the couch instead of going out for the workout, it sucks when you aren't given the choice!!

No comments: