Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day!

So apparently it's April Fool's Day. Which means, you can't take anything you read seriously. Leave it to Google to post things that first make you say "Really?" and then "oh yeah, it's April Fool's Day!"

I started the morning off with this: Google Custom Time Google is trying to convince us that they have created a way to make it look like you sent your e-mails before you actually did. Now I know all of us have used the delayed send feature with Outlook to make it look like we are working much later than we actually are, but going back in time?? Now that could be helpful. They even have beta user testimonials to "prove it's real", this one has to be my favorite: "I used to be an honest person; but now I don't have to be. It's just so much easier this way. I've gained a lot of productivity by not having to think about doing the 'right' thing." Google even went so far as to determine that each user can only use 10 Custom Time settings because of this equation:

Their findings:

N = Total emails sent
P = Probability that user believes the time stamp
φ = The Golden Ratio
L = Average life expectancy

Seems legit to me...

And then I found this gem on the Blogger site: Google Weblogs or "Gblogs". Now this should make blogging so much more convenient! Some of the highlighted features:
  • Our advanced Google algorithms put your best content at the top of your blog. Even if your later work goes downhill your previous posts will still shine.
  • We’ll automatically extract the most relevant sentence from your post for the index page, along with any necessary ellipsis. We'll also put some words in bold!
  • Unsure of what to post about? Just click “I’m Feeling Lucky” and we’ll “take care” of the rest!
Those are just a few of my favorites...

No comments: