Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another power test...

So last night was the last session down at Vision Quest, which meant it was Power Test time!!! I was both excited and a little nervous about it. Even though it's painful, I kind of enjoy testing myself. The worry came from the fact that the previous tests I had done were 30 minute flat courses, this one however was a 40 minute hill course. Luckily I was feeling good though, and I killed it! :) I came out in 4th place (I'm going to count it as 3rd place though because Coach Dan is a machine and is in a completely different league - he came in 2nd even though he got off the bike twice!) with an average power output of 205W. I'm still feeling pretty good about it! I actually think the hardest part of the test was the downhills though. It was tough to get into a gear where I could keep the watts up so I wouldn't bring the average down. But I did it!

Today was another long day spent at the airport. Now that I'm home, I'm just taking it easy, since I have a super early morning tomorrow. I need to meet with my trainer this week, and unfortunately the only opening he had was tomorrow at 5am. So I'm in. 4:30am is going to be super early though! Luckily Jamba Juice opens early so I can head over there after the gym for one of the breakfast smoothies with lots of yummy fruit and granola! I'm already excited!

No comments: