Friday, May 9, 2008

Here comes the bride....here comes my mom????

Yep that's right, we are quickly approaching the time of my mom's wedding. It's still such a weird idea to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about it, Gary is a great guy and he makes my mom very happy, so I'm happy about that, but still, my mom is getting married, and it's a little weird to me. So anyway, last night a few of her friends threw her a surprise wedding shower, and they invited me over as well. I couldn't really say no, so I went. And it was as boring as I expected it to be. Hanging out with a bunch of 50+ year old women who are all talking about my mom's upcoming wedding is not exactly my idea of a good time. So I put in my time, and left when I could, which unfortunately wasn't until 9:30pm. I will admit however, that I am terrible at leaving a party/function/etc... early.

I'm still feeling the effects of yesterday morning's workout with my trainer. He definitely decided to push me! The workout involved leg presses, and then jumps on the leg press machine (yeah that's right, jumping while weighed down!) And of course plenty of lunges, and arm exercises, and pull-ups and push-ups, etc... He likes to hurt me. But it's awesome.

Tomorrow is another 70-miler with the Team in Naperville. So far the weather is reporting 64 degrees and partly cloudy! Yea no rain! I have faith that it will actually be nice tomorrow. The Team could use a good day out on the bike without cold, rain, wind, etc... So keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

No comments: