Monday, May 26, 2008

Let the sun shine....

So the weather finally got nice in the state of Illinois! Besides a few scattered rain showers on sunday, and a huge storm sunday night that woke me up, it was mostly sunny and warm, around 80! I managed to fill the weekend with plenty of things to keep my busy. Saturday I went for a ride on my own. The sun was shining and my legs were feeling good. So I set out, for a while I followed a course I had mapped out, but at one point I saw a road called Meadow Hill and decided it looked like fun. So I took a detour! :) I followed that out for a while and then realized I had no idea where I was, so I turned around and headed back for the planned route. By the end of it, I finished with 45 miles at a pretty good pace. So I was happy with that. But then it was time to head home and get the bike ready to be shipped out. I drove the bike down to Glen Ellyn, and said my good-byes and left it at the shop to be packed for Tahoe! I then spent the rest of Saturday hanging out with Josh, a friend from high school who was passing through Chicago.

Sunday was like any other, working at the bike shop. It wasn't as busy as we expected but I still managed to sell a few bikes. The easiest sale of the day was the lady who came in at the end of the day, sat on one bike and said "I'll take it". Nice, a bike sale in about 5 minutes. Awesome.

Monday was another day of work. This time it was at the airport. I got to observe some flights and count some carry on bags. Yes it is as exciting as it sounds. The rest of the day was spent battling a headache unfortunately. I did manage to get out and take the dog for a walk, and also pull out the single speed for a trip up to the grocery store. I finished up the evening by heading over to help my sister with a project.

I also get news of yet another engagement this weekend. I wouldn't describe my reaction as a "Yea, I'm so happy for them" but more of a "How the heck did he pull that off??" So yeah, great. These engagements really need to stop. Please.

Tomorrow it's back to work, and then Tahoe on Friday! Can't wait!

No comments: