Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy weekend!

This weekend was definitely a very busy one, I don't feel like I got a chance to sit and relax at all! Isn't that what weekends are supposed to be for? Anyway, here's the rundown of how things went.

Saturday morning: Woke up and headed out to Naperville for a ride with the team. The weather finally cooperated! No rain, no freezing temperatures, and no howling winds! It felt good to finally get to ride without being all bundled up. The outfit of the day consisted of shorts, knee warmers (my knees had been feeling funny lately so I wanted to make sure to keep them warm), jersey and I started off the day with arm warmers, but they came off at the first rest stop! Total mileage for the day was 70, I rode at a slower pace than I would have liked because I stuck with some participants. The joys of being a TNT mentor, you can't leave participants on their own, and since all of the other mentors apparently forgot about that rule, it was up to me. Oh well, I made up for the slower pace by doing all of the pulling. You didn't think we would get a day in Illinois with no wind did you??

Saturday evening: Got home from the ride, ate some Jimmy John's and jumped in the shower. Then my sister showed up and we headed downtown. First stop was the western store! I got a new pair of boots and she got a great hat. Then we headed over to Joe's for the Roger Creager/ Reckless Kelly show! It was a great show and definitely made me miss Austin. I have to say, I did get a little defensive watching all of the Chicagoans trying to be Texans. They just don't get it. The biggest disappointment though was that there was no 2-steppin'. Chicago boys that pretend to be cowboys probably couldn't figure out how to 2-step anyway.

Sunday: It was an early wake-up call to get myself ready for work at the shop. The weather did a 180 flip so it was pretty cold and rainy in the morning. Which meant we had very few customers. Jason, who is the manager on Sundays, decided that we should relish the slowness (Sundays are usually really busy) and just hang out instead of doing work (restocking, organizing, etc...) So that's what we did. Even had some yummy Chicago deep dish delivered for lunch! We did eventually get really busy at the end of the day. But the boys did still find time during the day to make some new modification to their Trek Mods (big wheels!). Recent changes involve some new handle bars, the addition of a wireless computer (yes Jason really did put a wireless computer on his big wheel!), drilling holes in order to move the seat back, and a grip that makes motorcycle sounds. These are going to be the coolest Mods on the block! The wireless computer did actually come in handy as the boys were testing who could go the fastest. The current record is 12.7mph! Pretty funny watching the guys move their legs that quickly to try and keep their feet on the pedals!

Sunday evening: After work I headed over to my mom's house to celebrate Mother's Day. And by celebrate I mean my mom cooked dinner and we all ate together. My sister and I did clear the table and wash the dishes though! Dinner was great, cheeseburgers, corn and french fries! Then we discovered that Forrest Gump was on tv, so I stayed for a while to watch that.

Now it's Monday morning and I'm back at work. Oh joy. I'm getting close to Austin time though! I'll be there Thursday afternoon. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Dole said...

must be a texas rule...

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

sorry...it has been a while since I caught up with the blog...nice work on the weekend...glad you are making a trip to Austin this weekend.