Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ride report in pictures....

So here it is, a report of Saturday's ride in pictures....

As I was driving out to the ride, the weather looked something like this:
Then as we were getting ready to ride, some of these started to roll in:
And this started to pick up:
And then of course as we started the ride, this started:
Somewhere around the middle of the ride, I got to demonstrate the "Stop, Drop and Roll" technique for those that I was riding with. Someone in front of me stopped, so I dropped and then rolled into a ditch. And of course the person that caused this demonstration was able to keep on riding, don't you love how that works out?

So it was a long tough ride of 70 miles. 70 miles when it's nice and sunny is a good ride, 70 miles when it's rainy and windy equals a long hard day. But then to make it all a little better, on the way home I saw one of these:


Today was the typical Sunday at the bike shop. We had 2 fewer sales people than usual, so it was a busy day. Some of the boys brought out their new Trek Mods though and raced them around the parking lot. I'm starting to think I may need one as well!


I also got to ride one of the guy's bikes, an Orbea Orca. Interestingly enough, I wasn't that impressed. (He's not that impressed either and is thinking of selling it) At least I can scratch that off the list of possible new bikes. It is now narrowed down to the Cervelo Soloist or a Blue (either the RC8 or RC6)

Ok so that post was full of a lot of pictures (I felt that I needed to make up for the last few posts without pictures!) I hope you enjoyed it. I'm off to bed.

No comments: