Thursday, May 1, 2008

Counting, XL purses and hot pilots!

So I spent the day at the airport today. The morning was filled with counting, yes that's right, I said counting. I love it when I get the chance to really put that engineering degree to good use! I was tasked with doing 2nd bag analysis. Sounds interesting but really it just involved me standing on the jet bridge and tallying all of the carry-on bags brought on board. I have to say the hardest part of the job was figuring out how to categorize some of the bags the women were carrying. I mean seriously, is that a purse or a dufflebag?? The day was actually fairly enjoyable as I got to interact with lots of the passengers getting on board. Oh yeah, and then there was the hot pilot. :) There were definitely some glances exchanged. :) Too bad I have no idea who he is. Oh well.....

Oh yeah, and I took my bike up to the shop in town today and got it all cleaned up finally. Too bad it's supposed to rain again this weekend. Which was my main reason for wanting to get out of town this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Too much to organize in too short a time, and taking a red-eye flight home, arriving in Chicago at 5:30am, and then working at the shop on Sunday didn't sound like a lot of fun. And plus, the only rental bike the bike shop had left for me was a Trek 1500, and that's not quite exciting enough for me. So I'll save that trip for another time....

Good night everyone! :)

No comments: