Tuesday, April 15, 2008

200 bikes!!!

So this weekend was the Annual Village Cycle Sport Spring Tent Sale! I only worked on Sunday, but it was a long day! I got to the shop at 8am to start getting things organized for the day. I cleaned up the women's area, restocked the helmets (walking around with a stack of 5 helmet boxes without dropping them is quite a feat I think!), and reorganized the shoe area as well. We then opened the doors at 10 and the madness started! Who knew so many people wanted to come buy bikes!! I ran around all day helping people find bikes, fitting them on the bike, watching them test ride, making suggestions, running the bikes back to the mechanics, getting their paper work set-up, etc... And that continued until 6pm. At the end of the day we sold around 200 bikes! That's right, 200 bikes in one day! Unfortunately when we closed to the customers the work wasn't over...we then had to get the store back to normal and get all of the bikes inside from the tent. So we formed an assembly line to get all of the bikes back inside and into the basement and up on hooks. At one point the guys downstairs were falling behind so they asked for someone to come downstairs and help hook the bikes. So I start walking down there, as I'm halfway down the stairs some of the guys start with "hey, we need a hooker!" and that's when I showed up. I literally walked right into that one.... But after all the work was done, we all cracked open some beer and shared crazy customer stories. I think the best story from the day was the person who was out in the tent and apparently wasn't being helped fast enough for their liking, so they grabbed their cell phone and called the shop and told the person who answered at the front, "I'm out in the tent and I need some help, please send someone out here right away." Apparently that person didn't notice that all of us were running around helping the 50 other people that also wanted help! If you expect quick. personal service don't show up on sale day!! And to finish off the day our fantabulous Trek rep, KC, took all of us over to Lou Malnati's for some pizza and beer, on Trek! Didn't get home until 10:30pm, but for free pizza and beer it was definitely worth it! :)

There is also word that the store is going to start carrying Cervelo. Could one of these be in my future???

No comments: