Saturday, April 26, 2008

Putting the F U in fun....

Yep, that right there is the theme of riding in the midwest. We finally got what could have been a decent day of riding here. So the team headed up to Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. I was excited because I was told there would be plenty of fun hills! So we get out there with a forecast of partly sunny with a temp near 50. But it turns out we got an added surprise.....winds from 30-40mph! Woo hoo! And I'm not talking about periodic gusts, I'm talking about full on winds strong enough to blow you over. At times I had to seriously lean to the left in order to avoid being knocked over. Fun fun. Before the ride we were given a message to remember during our mission moment:

"You can be miserable or you can be strong, the work is the same"

So I tried to keep that in mind during the ride, but then I reached the point where I was pushing as hard as I could, in an easy gear, on a flat and going 6 mph. At this point I said "screw that, this sucks!" But I finished of course. All in all 55 miles and lots of climbing. (apparently all of the hills were hiding in Wisconsin this whole time!)

The good news is that it only makes me look forward to the next ride in Austin even more! Blanco here I come! :)

1 comment:

Dole said...

no pain, no gain