Friday, April 4, 2008

Austin fun and marriage madness!!

Ok, so Colleen called me out on not posting anything lately. Sorry, I'll get back to it now.

I've been in Austin since Wednesday, and as always, it's been great. Dinner with Colleen on Wednesday was fantastic. Her suggestion of Homeslice for pizza and beer was enough to elicit a fist pump from me while still sitting on the plane. All in all, it was a great evening with some great conversation! For those that don't know, Colleen is a rockstar. Seriously! She's training for an Ironman and she can also rock out on the mic. Sorry I can't go to the show tomorrow Colleen! I really wish I could. :)

Thursday was the 2nd annual Chicks on a Mission Bachelor Auction! I have to give props to Kristi and Carson for doing an amazing job! It was an absolutely huge success, raising over $4,000!! The selection of bachelors was absolutely fantastic. It's a good (bad?) thing I remembered that I'm broke, otherwise I would probably be going on a date with one of Austin's finest tonight.

Last night was also the beginning of marriage madness! Kristi revealed her gorgeous ring and completely shocked me! She and Bruce are going to make it official! Congratulations Kristi!! And then today I got a call from Sara, and she too is now engaged! I'm proud of myself because I called that one about a year ago. :) I'm definitely a member of "Team Bill" and I know they will continue to make each other laugh for many many many years to come. So add that to my mom's wedding this year, and my friend Chrissy being pregnant and it makes for a crazy year so far!!

Who's going to continue to hang out in Single Town with me??

Next on the agenda here in Austin is possibly some Happy Hour goodness this evening, and then a ride with the Team tomorrow morning followed by the necessary beer-ritas at the Benton's. Then sadly I will be flying home. Back to Chicago in time to work at the bike shop on Sunday.

Later kids!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yippie for the new post! I love reading your blog. Sorry I haven't left any comments yet. I am so glad that you are on "Team Bill"! He really thinks that you are great (as do I of course)! I miss you!

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

My boy ain't in Austin...so i am ALL about Team Single.

For sure.

Let's rock it!