Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good for me, or just plain torture???

So, I'm beginning to think that the whole foam roller concept is just some evil joke by a twisted individual. As in, "watch this, I'll get a bunch of people to inflict serious amounts of pain on themselves and they'll think it's good for them!!! Ha ha ha ha"

Yep, that's pretty much my feeling on the foam roller lately. My plan of yoga after running didn't happen last night because I spent too long at the forest preserve. So when I got home, I decided to spend time with the FR instead for my quads and IT Band. It was not pretty. It's a really good thing that I don't have any roommates or shared walls.

Unfortunately, running last night didn't go so well. Lots of pain in my right shin forced me to walk after about a mile. :( I walked for a bit and then tried the running again and the pain came right back. Unfortunately Carrie's advice for this (I consider her the running expert - she accidentally qualified for the Boston Marathon) was to roll it out, (yes that's right, with the evil foam roller) 3 x a week. So it looks like mr. foam roller is going to become my new best friend/worst enemy....

The good news from last night (i.e. the reason i spent too long at the forest preserve) was that the elk were out frolicking (yes, they frolick). It was fun to watch! :)

1 comment:

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

I totally agree with you. Foam Roller is like a bad date. ick. I love it...Carrie accidentally qualified for Boson. Bitch.

Have a great weekend...with FR.

I am going to frolick!!

Colleen