Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ACL Fest mashuup...

So the ACL Fest site released a mash-up this week in order to give people the opportunity to guess some of the acts before the official announcement next week (April 15!). I have to say, the mash-up is some pretty good listening even though I can't really pick out the acts. :) The good news though is that there are some experts out there who are helping me out by posting everything they can pick out on the accompanying message board. Here's what they have come up with so far:

Okkervil River
Man Man
Silversun Pickups
CSS
NERD
Gnarls
Raconteurs
MGMT
Jamie Lidell
Eli Reed
Neko Case
Kate Nash
Hot Chip
Octopus Project
Del the Funky Homosapien
Heartless Bastards
Robert Earl Keen
Sharon Jones
Duffy
Black Joe Lewis
Tegan & Sara
Antibalas
Ingrid Michaelson
Car Stereo (Wars)

I hate to admit it, but I have only heard of approximately 35% of those bands! Looks like I will have a lot of music exploring to do before September. Oh and did I mention that ACL Fest is on the weekend of my birthday this year? Hey Austinites - are you planning on going?

No comments: