Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Indoor hill repeats....

That's right, last night I found out how you do hill training when you live in Illinois. We basically did a hill repeat workout on the computrainers! We had 7 intervals that included effort at 80% and 120% of our threshold power, and did I mention that we had to do each full interval at a cadence of 60 RPM's?? Yes, it definitely felt like I was climbing very steep hills. But it was good for me as Emerald Bay and Spooner are not that far away!

Today though, the effects of riding in the 35 degree weather with rain and sleet on Saturday are catching up with me. Definitely not feeling 100%. I'm also not enjoying the fact that it's 70 degrees outside (yes I said 70!) and I'm stuck sitting inside here at work. Definitely not fair! But of course since this is Illinois, this weather will not last. As per the usual for the last few weeks, the rain is expected to move in for the weekend. This trend is really starting to get old!

The good news is there are only 4 weeks until my next Austin trip! :) Although if this weather keeps up, 4 weeks could change to 2!

No comments: