Monday, April 21, 2008

Battling, Rocking out, and cheering on!

Yes, I'll admit, I've been a bad blog owner. No posts since Thursday? Shame on me. But I have a reason...I've been battling a nasty cold and I doubted anyone wanted to read about how crappy I felt. I'm starting to get better, but I'm not quite there yet. Still a lingering cough, and general tired feeling. I'm hoping to be 100% tomorrow for the VQ bike workout.

I should report that there is now a little less of me. I found out back in August that I had a pre-cancerous lesion on my arm. So I finally got my act together and had the rest of it removed on Thursday. Some cutting of my arm, and 5 stitches later, I am now hopefully lesion free. I will get the results in a week.

Saturday was the night of my benefit concert!! Thanks so much to those who came out. Especially to Maren who flew in from LA so she could attend! I can always count on Maren to be the life of the party and this night was no exception! Maren and I met some interesting boys on the street while walking to get a sandwich and then we ended the night by dancing like no one was watching, although I'm sure everyone was watching! (Maren is that good!) All of the bands were fantastic and it was a great way to raise $1,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I hope there will be another benefit concert sometime in the future!!

And now a shout-out to my friend Carrie! She ran the Boston Marathon this morning in 3:44:37!! That in itself is awesome enough, but to add to it, she will be doing her first half-iron distance triathlon (which i should add will be her 2nd triathlon) on Saturday, May 3, that's right, in less that 2 weeks! Go Carrie Go!!!!!

1 comment:

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

I miss Alida. I do miss her. Sorry I have been bad about catching up on the blog...I am ON IT today!!!