Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New music! :)

So I got home yesterday to find an envelope at my front door with 4 new CD's that I ordered last week! Yea!!! Of course they were all immediately transferred to my ipod for easy listening. (I mainly listen to the ipod - but I still love having the actual CD!) So far I am very happy with my purchases:

Just Jack - Overtones - London artist - really tough to describe his music or why I like it so much, but I do. Just try listening to "Starz in Their Eyes" or "Glory Days" and not dancing around a little, go ahead, I dare you.

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - I know I am way behind with this one. I was a big Spoon fan before and have all of their older CD's, but I took a break from them for a while. Now I'm kicking myself for doing that, because I could have been listening to this awesomeness since July of last year. Sad. Oh well, it just means I need to listen to it even more now to make up for lost time. It also inspired me to put the older Spoon stuff into rotation as well. Ahhh good times.

Sondre Lerche - Phantom Punch - This is the guy who did the music for Dan in Real Life. (Or so I've read - I haven't actually seen the movie) But the music is good! Thanks Tom W. for this recommendation. It's just some catchy stuff that's fun to listen to.

The Audition - Champion - Chicago band that has hit it big - they are currently touring internationally and are heading back to the states soon to join the Vans Warped Tour. Yes they are of the indie pop/rock variety, give me a break, I like it. Not all music needs to be deep and meaningful, so I'm digging this style lately. And I will admit that a lot of it sounds similar, but since I like the sound, I don't mind! :)

So there they are, the newest additions to my ipod playlists. I'm sorry that I can't provide deep, thoughtful insight into the music like Colleen does, I just listen to what I like and often don't know why I like it! :)

No comments: